GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: REPORTING AND TESTING AT
AIR FORCE SELECTION BOARDS (AFSB)
1. Reporting.The Call Letter along with your Admit Card would be the authority for you to report to the nominated Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) for Testing. The same is to be handed over to the Board on arrival. You must report for the interview on the date and time as specified in the Call Letter. Late comers, on any account (inclusive of late running of trains) will not be admitted for tests. A representative in Air Force uniform will meet you at the Railway Station and escort you to the AFSB.
2. Boarding and Lodging. Free boarding and lodging will be provided during your stay at the Board during the period of testing. Those candidates who arrive before the date and time indicated in the Call Letter will have to make their own arrangements. Parents/guardians accompanying the candidates will have to make their own arrangements.
3. Selection Procedure. The testing schedule is in two phases and normally for a period of six days depending upon contingencies and will be as follows:-
Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) test, Picture Perception & Discussion Test, document check of Ph-I passed candidates, PIQ filling and Psychological Test after adequate rest of 2-3 hrs for the candidates.
Interview and Group Test (GT)
Interview and Group Test (GT)
Interview and Group Test (GT)
Interview, GT, Board conference and document filling of REC candidates (non-flying)
CPSS (Computerised Pilot Selection System), document filling of REC candidates (flying) and submission of reports on all RECOMMENDED Candidates by Assessors
4. Documents. You are required to bring the following relevant documents, which will be checked and returned after verification:-
(a) Original Matriculation/Secondary School Certificate and Mark sheets issued by CBSE/ICSE/State Board. No other certificate will be accepted for verification of Date of Birth.
(b) Original Marks Sheet & Certificate of 10+2 (issued by the relevant Board).
(c) Original/Provisional Graduation Degree/Post Graduation Degree Certificates and Mark Sheet of each year/semester issued by University - only for verification of educational qualifications which make you eligible for the course. Provisional Certificate issued by college Principal is not acceptable. However, Provisional Degree Certificate issued by the University is acceptable.
(d) In case of final year/semester students, a Certificate from the College Principal, clearly mentioning the following aspects annotated with proper stamp and seal of the Institution is required:-
(i) Name of the College.
(ii) Name of the University.
(iii) Discipline in which Graduation/ Post Graduation obtained.
(iv) Aggregate Percentage.
(v) Likely Date of Declaration of Final Result (in DD/MM/YYYY Format).
(e) Two attested photocopies of each of the above mentioned certificates.
(f) Original NCC Certificate (if applicable).
(g) NOC from employers for candidates working in Central/State Governments or Public Sector Undertakings.
(h) Original valid Commercial Pilots’ License, issued by DGCA, if applicable.
(j) Inbound Railway Ticket/Bus Tickets. (For refund of Travelling Allowances)
Note1:- Candidates not in possession of the above documents or those who do not meet the eligibility conditions, should not report to the AFSB, as they will not be accepted for the tests and will be routed back without travelling allowances.
Note 2:- Candidates are also advised to bring twenty copies of recent passport size colour photographs (with negative) taken in light colored clothes against white background for documentation (if Recommended).
5. Requisites. You are advised to bring the following items:
(a) One pair of White Shirt/ T-Shirt, Shorts/ Trouser/ Track Suit/ Salwar kameez, Socks and a pair of white sports shoes.
(b) Adequate writing material (Pens and lead pencils).
(c) Clothing, according to season.
(d) Medium size locks to safeguard your personal luggage.
6. Traveling Allowance(TA). To and fro travelling fare by the shortest route of AC-III Tier/AC Chair Car or actual normal bus fare to the candidates appearing in AFSB for the first time will be reimbursed. Change of address, if any, must be intimated to the Board well before your arrival. You shall furnish the railway ticket/bus ticket (hard copy) to the Board, failing which no TA will be paid. For all other modes of travel, TA will be admissible as per the government authorized rules. No TA is admissible, if you have already appeared for the same type of entry at any of the Selection Boards.
7. Medical Examination. Recommended candidates will be required to proceed to Air Force Central Medical Establishment, New Delhi or Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Bengaluru for medical examination for a duration of four to seven days. It may be noted that the Air Force Medical Board/Services Medical Board is the final authority while deciding the medical fitness for joining the Indian Air Force. You are advised to see the details about Medical Standards on our website, www.tainan-guide.com.
8. Discipline. Your conduct and behaviour during your stay at the Board is expected to be disciplined and orderly. Any act of indiscipline or misconduct will lead to cancellation of your candidature. In all matters pertaining to indiscipline and/ or misconduct, the decision of the President of the Board shall be final and no appeal against his decision will be entertained. Should you try and influence any member of the Board directly or indirectly, your candidature will be cancelled.
9. General. No facility exists at AFSBs for safe custody of cash and valuables. Therefore, do not bring any valuables or excess money. Candidates are not permitted to carry their mobile phones, laptops or cameras inside the Selection Board premises.
10. Warning. You should withhold your move, in case you have a relative, who is a member of the Board. Inform us the particulars of the person concerned immediately and await further instructions.
11. All correspondence with regard to this Call Letter should be addressed to the President of the Board giving full details, including Course/ Batch No/ Code no etc.
(a) Bonafide certificate for graduate candidates
(b) Bonafide certificate for NDA candidates
(c) Character certificate
(d) Indemnity bond
(e) Percentage conversion certificate
Note. These instructions are general in nature. The instructions contained in the Advertisement for your course and Call Letter will be binding in determining your candidature for test and interview. In all matters, the decision of Air Force authority shall be final.