Last Updated On: 07/08/2017
General Instructions For AFA
- Candidates will be asked to report for training on a specific date and time, which will be specified in the Joining Instructions. Reporting late without proper authority is not permissible. In case you report early, arrangements for stay will have to be done personally until you report to the reception centre as per laid down instructions.
- A Reception Centre will be established at Secunderabad Railway Station Exit Gate from 0900 hrs on the day of arrival. Your move from railway station to Air Force Academy will be arranged by the reception centre. The Movement Control Officer (MCO) at the railway station can be contacted for guidance.
- During the period of the training, all cadets will be provided with suitable accommodation.
- Also, free messing will be arranged in the Flight Cadets Mess for the training period.
- Free medical services will be also provided during the training period. Please note that you will not be entitled to claim any compensation for any injury sustained while under training. If you have any injury or have fallen sick after your Air Force Medical Examination, you are required to intimate AFA on arrival.
- You would have to submit a medical certificate completed by you and a medical practitioner and furnish the same on arrival at AFA. The performa will be sent with your Joining Instructions.
- During training no leave will be granted except on medical and compassionate grounds
- To equip you with correct kitting requirements during training, as also your service career post commissioning, certain items (including uniform) will be issued to you on arrival at AFA.
- Candidates need to be in possession of certain items like towels, slippers, mosquito net, white handkerchiefs, dressing gown, hangers, electric iron etc, on arrival at AFA.
- Candidates must carry at least Rs 10,000/- as pocket allowance to meet initial kitting requirements
- Incase a candidate wishes to withdrawfrom training for any reason whatsoever or refuse to accept commission, if offered, he/she will be required to pay the entire cost of training to the Government . An undertaking to this effect will have to be given/signed for the same.
- An indifferent attitude towards training might amount to deliberate failure and termination of training and you may be required to pay the cost of training. U/T Flying officers/Flight cadets considered indisciplined and suspended on these grounds.